Management department aims to achieve excellence through perseverance in management education with value based knowledge, acumen and skills.MISSION
Department strives to inculcate academic excellence, professional skills and to stimulate the thinking process thereby imbibing human values amongst the burgeoning Managers for proficient and effectual execution with a high sense of professionalism.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Master of Business Administration program has four overall educational objectives:
- Provide students with quantitative and qualitative tools to identify business opportunities & solve business problems.
- Develop students’ ability to think strategically, and to lead, motivate and manage teams across borders.
- Develop students’ written and oral communication competencies to enhance managerial effectiveness.
- Enhance students’ appreciation of the values of social responsibility, legal and ethical principles, and corporate governance in business.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The Master of Business Administration program has following intended outcomes that are duly aligned with the educational objectives listed above. These outcomes are:
- Business Acumen will instill management skills in the business environment.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Communication Skills will enhance their competency.
- Enhancement in Leadership Potential in their areas of strength.
- Awareness of Global Business Environment to appreciate pertinent issues in totality.
- Legal, Ethical and Social Responsibility for better understanding of corporate policies.
Approval & Affiliation
The two-year MBA programme being run at Institute of Information Technology and Management is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The norms and standards for the delivery of the course – as laid down by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, and Government of India – are followed at the Institute. The MBA programme is divided into four semesters.
Duration: 2 years
Intake and Reservation of Seats
AICTE approved intake for the programme is 60. The existing reservation policy stipulates 10% seats (6 in number) as “Management Quota Seats”. Out of the remaining 90% (54 seats), 85% (46 seats) are reserved for Delhi candidates and 15% (8 seats) for outside Delhi candidates. Further reservation for specific categories shall be as per the guidelines of Government of NCT of Delhi.
Bachelor’s Degree of a recognised University in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or any qualification recognised as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Passed the Final Examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
University Conducted CET:
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The University conducts central counseling for all the colleges affiliated with it for 90% seats except for management quota seats. Students are required to choose the college/institute during the counseling. For application forms the students are to respond to the advertisement by the University or its website http://www.ggsipu.nic.in or http://www.ipu.ac.in
Management Quota Seats:
The Institute conducts admission for 10% management seats. Candidates seeking admission to management quota seats are to satisfy above mentioned eligibility criteria. Additionally, candidates need to qualify the Combined Entrance Test conducted by the University for MBA programme. The merit for admission is drawn on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination. There is no provisional admission under management quota option.
The procedure for admission to management seats is stipulated below:
- The vacancies are advertised in one Hindi, one English newspaper of Delhi on the website of the Institute (www.iitmipu.ac.in or www.iitmjanakpuri.com) and on the Notice Board of the Institute.
- Candidates are required to apply on a prescribed form.
- Merit List of the eligible candidates is displayed on website of the Institute: www.iitmipu.ac.in or www.iitmjanakpuri.com and on the Notice Board of the Institute.
- Short listed Candidates are required to appear personally for counseling to seek admission.
Examination and Evaluation
The examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks. In every paper, evaluation is done through an external examination with 60% weightage and 40%is through internal/continuous evaluation by the respective faculty within the institute. The internal evaluation is conducted on the basis of written tests, presentations, assignments, seminars, projects etc. The degree of MBA is awarded by the GGSIP University, Delhi and is recognised by the UGC/AICTE
The Institute follows the fee structure as prescribed for the MBA programme for this Institute by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee. The fee is payable once in a year for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session. First year fee is collected by the GGSIP University and the refund rules are governed by the University. In subsequent years the Institute collects the fee and the fee so collected is not refundable.
For students admitted under “Management Quota” option, fee is the same as prescribed by the University. The Institute shall collect the fee and it shall be payable once in year. If the student withdraws admission after the date of commencement of course and the seat remains vacant, no fee shall be refunded.
Security Deposit shall be refunded on completion of the course (after deducting the Alumni membership subscription) or on migration/withdrawal by applying for it . The Institution may deduct cost of replacement on account of loss of library book/document or any fine imposed by the Institute due to damage etc done individually/collectively to the property of the Institute or for indiscipline.
Fee structure from Academic Year 2016-17: Details are given below-
|Academic Fee :||Rs. 1,20,000.00 per year|
|University Fee :||Rs 12,000.00 per year|
|Student Activity Fee :||Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Security Deposit (Refundable) :||Rs 5,000.00 (once at the time of admission)|
|Placement Assistance Cell Fee :
(Managed by Students & Placement Committee)
|Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Other Charges :
(IITM Journal, Magazine & News Letters)
|Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Identity Card/Digitized Library Card :||Rs 1,00.00 (One time, at the time of admission)|