The Department of Information Technology aims to promote value based quality education to the students and impart skills and training in the field of information technology and allied areas to meet the industry demands
The overall mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide students with up-to-date curriculum and pedagogy in the information technology and equip them with thinking skills, and prepare them to meet the growing demands for competent and trained professionals.Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
To provide students knowledge beyond specifications, develop critical thinking wherein they can recognize and solve the problems, recognize ethical issues and communicate effectively; within this purview following objectives are stated:
- To enhance capacity building and knowledge empowerment of the students. Further augment it by intensive training and skill development in the emerging areas of software engineering, web based technologies, network computing, programming languages, data base administration and other information technology enabled services.
- To inspire and transform the students into skilled professionals who fit well into the job market demands by equipping them with critical thinking skills wherein they are able to find
- To contribute its mite in the field of Research & Development.
- To focus on the holistic development of IT Professionals and impart them with effective communication skills, teamwork , leadership skills, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate computer applications to broader social context.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
POs are the milestones that elucidate what the students are expected to know and the skills they are expected to acquire on the completion of the program. The Programme Outcomes of Master of Computer Applications are:
1 Advanced Subject knowledge
- Apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science, accounting principles and software engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrate advance understanding of the concepts, including established theories and recent developments relevant to the professional field.
- An ability to use emerging tools, techniques and skills, necessary for computing practice and in various real world applications of varied domains.
2 Enquiry-based learning
- Students develop an understanding of critical learning and demonstrate analytical skills.
- Plan and execute professional projects, giving an opportunity of continuous learning and application of cross functional learning.
- Able to demonstrate innovative ways of thinking to new research and/or professional contexts.
- Pursue and strive for a successful career in Research and development.
3 Cognitive skills and critical thinking
- Investigate, generate and synthesize complex ideas and concepts at an abstract and/or applied level.
- Critically evaluate emerging topics and the recent development in their field of study.
- Analyze problems or issues, articulate appropriate solutions and justify propositions and/or professional decisions.
4 Communication, Adaptive & Interpersonal Skills
Students develop an ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, and also be competent of independent and collaborative enquiry and working effectively with others.
- Demonstrate a high level of individual identity and accountability in the acquisition or application of knowledge or skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and the ability to apply, the principles of teamwork and collaboration.
5 Holistic Outlook
Students gather awareness of societal issues within their field of study. They are able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of international/ national perspectives relevant to the discipline or professional field.
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and discharge attendant responsibilities.
Approval & Affiliation
The three-year MCA programme being run at Institute of Information Technology and Management is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The norms and standards for the delivery of the course – as laid down by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, and Government of India – are followed at the Institute. The MCA programme is divided into six semesters (five months each) duration. Each semester comprises of five theory subjects and three practical subjects – except the sixth semester, wherein the students work on live projects in the industry and have to submit a Dissertation Report which is mandatory for the partial fulfilment of the course. In addition to this, every semester has a paper referred as General Proficiency equal to the weightage of one paper, which allows the Institute to expose the students to subjects beyond the laid down syllabi and conduct research.
Duration: 3 years
Intake and Reservation of Seats
AICTE approved intake for the programme is 60. The existing reservation policy stipulates 10% seats (6 in number) as “Management Quota Seats”. Out of the remaining 90% (54 seats), 85% (46 seats) are reserved for Delhi candidates and 15% (8 seats) for outside Delhi candidates. Further reservation for specific categories shall be as per the guidelines of Government of NCT of Delhi.
Bachelor’s Degree of a recognised University in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed Mathematics and English at least at the Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the CBSE or any other Examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
BCA/BIT/BIS of a recognised University of at least three years duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or a qualification recognised as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
University Conducted CET:
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The University conducts central counseling for all the colleges affiliated with it for 90% seats except for management quota seats. Students are required to choose the college/institute during the counseling. For application forms the students are to respond to the advertisement by the University or its website http://www.ggsipu.nic.in or http://www.ipu.ac.in
Management Quota Seats:
The Institute conducts admission for 10% management seats. Candidates seeking admission to management quota seats are to satisfy above mentioned eligibility criteria. Additionally, candidates need to qualify the Combined Entrance Test conducted by the University for MCA programme. The merit for admission is drawn on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination. There is no provisional admission under management quota option. The procedure for admission to management seats is stipulated below:
- The vacancies are advertised in one Hindi, one English newspaper of Delhi on the website of the Institute (www.iitmipu.ac.in) and on the Notice Board of the Institute.
- Candidates are required to apply on a prescribed form.
- Merit List of the eligible candidates is displayed on website of the Institute :www.iitmipu.ac.in and on the Notice Board of the Institute.
- Short listed Candidates are required to appear personally for counselling to seek admission.
Examination and Evaluation
The examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks. In every paper, evaluation is done through an external examination with 60% weightage and 40%is through internal/continuous evaluation by the respective faculty within the institute. The internal evaluation is conducted on the basis of written tests, presentations, assignments, seminars, projects etc. The degree of MCA is awarded by the GGSIP University, Delhi and is recognised by the UGC/AICTE
The Institute follows the fee structure as prescribed for the MCA programme for this Institute by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee.The fee is payable once in a year for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session.First year fee is collected by the GGSIP University and the refund rules are governed by the University. In subsequent years the Institute collects the fee and the fee so collected is not refundable.
For students admitted under “Management Quota” option, fee is the same as prescribed by the University. The Institute shall collect the fee and it shall be payable once in year. If the student withdraws admission after the date of commencement of course and the seat remains vacant, no fee shall be refunded.
Security Deposit shall be refunded on completion of the course (after deducting the Alumni membership subscription) or on migration/withdrawal by applying for it. The Institution may deduct cost of replacement on account of loss of library book/document or any fine imposed by the Institute due to damage etc done individually/collectively to the property of the Institute or for indiscipline.
Fee structure from Academic Year 2017-18: Details are given below-
|Academic Fee :||Rs. 1,20,000.00 per year|
|University Fee :||Rs. 12,000.00 per year|
|Student Activity Fee :||Rs. 1,000.00 per year|
|Security Deposit (Refundable):||Rs. 5,000.00 (once at the time of admission|
|Placement Assistance Cell Fee :
(Managed by Students & Placement Committee)
|Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Other Charges :
(IITM Journal, Magazine & News Letters)
|Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Identity Card/Digitized Library Card :||Rs 1,00.00 (One time, at the time of admission)|